There are times when we all need something to hold on to. Though the internet is overflowing with motivational quotations (which gets annoying at times, surprisingly) but there are always words that speak to you strongly, and resonate with your soul. So if you are having a bad day, struggling with self-doubt or fear, I hope that my tiny list of quotations will help you feel better. See them as motivational quotations, or simply sayings or words that make us reflect and ponder upon the way we deal with fear and the place it has in our lives.
Motivational Quotations about Fearlessness, For The Fearless
Tolkien’s exquisite words can take you to a completely new and serene dimension.
We cannot separate fear from our lives completely, but we must we wary of the way it starts infecting our patterns of thinking if left unchecked.
2. “Let fear once get possession of the soul, and it does not readily yield its place to another sentiment.” – Leo Tolsoy
Fear can be an important tool in recognizing the dangers and obstacles that lie ahead. Knowing how to prevent that fear from paralyzing is the real wisdom.
3. “For me, it’s not necessarily interesting to play a strong, fearless woman. It’s interesting to play a woman who is terrified and then overcomes that fear. It’s about the journey. Courage is not the absence of fear, it’s overcoming it”. – Natalie Dormer
You don’t become a fearless person overnight – it’s an uphill journey. Also, there will always be people and events that’ll try to drag you down; they’re part of the process.
4. “I feel myself becoming the fearless person I have dreamt of being. Have I arrived? No. But I’m constantly evolving and challenging myself to be unafraid to make mistakes.” – Janelle Monae
Knowing yourself is facing your fears.
5. “I tend to think you’re fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway.” – Christian Bell
Being fearless is taking the decisions you must take, despite having fears and doubts.
6. “Survival is not about being fearless. It’s about making a decision, getting on and doing it, because I want to see my kids again, or whatever the reason might be.” – Bear Grylls
Fear, sometimes, comes only from our perspective of looking at things. And with age, our perspectives can change.
7. “The older people that one admires seem to be fearless. They go right out into the world. It’s astounding. Maybe they can’t see or they can’t hear, but they walk out into the street and take life as it comes. They’re models of courage, in a strange way.” – James Hillman
Experience life and all of its madness, passion, and beauty.
And finally, don’t let someone else define fearlessness for you.
9. “Don’t believe what the spiritual sharks and clever carnival hustlers tell you about fearless living – they lie.” – Guy Finley
Which one of these motivational quotations were you able to strongly connect with? Let us know in the comments. Also, do share your own story of how you overcame your fears or continued despite having inner obstacles and doubts.